Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Take a Vacation

Drs. Roizen and Oz are at it again...a friend of mine was mentioning how she keeps losing vacation time because she just doesn't use it. So what does the Law of Attraction bring to me? An article by the aforementioned doctors talking about how important it is to use your vacation.

They reference an Expedia.com survey that estimates 465 million vacation days are lost by Americans. Never having had this issue, I was fascinated.

Unless you absolutely LOVE your job (and even for those who do) it is important to take those breaks. Your body actually ages faster if you don't (stress) and it doesn't help your mental state or your family and not even your employer. By taking time off--they suggest at least once or twice a year--helps slow the aging process as well as give you much needed psychological benefits.

It amazes me that when a topic comes up in my "circle" I frequently then see something in the local paper or a magazine that follows up on it. So, pass the word if you have friends like mine--or if you are like my friend--and TAKE A VACATION!

No comments: