Saturday, September 13, 2008

Alternative Meditations for Compassion

Yesterday we covered a standard meditation for compassion.

Using the same process, we can offer meditations that will help ourselves and the world in general. One of the things that I like to do is word phrases in the positive. Any thought that you would have for yourself and that you can wish for the world works.

In other words, this is not the time to meditate on getting a new Mercedes! Nothing wrong with the Mercedes--it just may not be what everyone needs.

So, think universal. Peace. Love. Joy. Health. Vitality.

May I have peace in my heart. May I project peace in the world.

May I experience love and freedom.

May I feel great joy. May I be joyful in all I do.

May I have abundant health and happiness.

Use any of these as is, or as starting points. There are no real rules, no right or wrong. Keep the thoughts simple. The point is to have something that you can easily repeat and feel in your heart.

And breathe!

No comments: