Sunday, December 28, 2008

Thank You for the Teachers Around Me

I am so grateful for the wonderful teachers that surround me.

Some of these teachers are "official"--you know speakers, authors, professors, ministers, experts in their fields, etc.

I'm also grateful for the "unofficial" teachers, who frequently do not even recognize themselves as teachers. This might include a neighbor, a child, the shop clerk, someone in line at the post office.

Some of the other teachers that we are surrounded by include all the elements of nature--the trees, clouds, our pets, wildlife...here I have been getting many lessons from some simple natural events--the doves who live in the trees outside my dining room, the horses in the pasture across the street, the glorious sunrises.

I am grateful for the wonderful sense of joy, peace and harmony that I get when I contemplate these wonderful teachers.

No comments: