Friday, November 14, 2008

Hell Yes! or Hell No!

I have been struggling with whether or not I should do something (a specific thing...not just any ol' thing!) This thing is a good thing, has value, is probably a great opportunity...but for some reason I was hesitating.

I've been mulling this over in my mind...am I hesitating out of fear? What is going on...I respect the people involved...

Then this morning, "for no reason" (AKA Law of Attraction!) I pulled out some notes from a talk that Alan Cohen gave over a year ago.

When I read Alan's words and I got my answer:
If it isn't a "Hell Yes!"
Then it is a "Hell No!"
If you jump at all the "Hell No!s"
Then you don't have time for the "Hell Yes!s"

That is when I realized my biggest issue right now is TIME. I don't have TIME for everything I WANT to do. Maybe I have already been jumping at too many "Hell No!s" and I deserve to recognize when something is not a "Hell Yes!" and not jump at that, too!

Alan also reminded me that every leap of faith requires an action step, so when you respond to the Hell Yes! do the one thing that would signify that you truly believe in it!

I reserve the right to revisit this "thing" in the future. At that point perhaps it will be the right time for me to join in. For now I have new confidence that it is not. So I will take action on the things I'm already doing--and show my belief in them. And if I find that some of them are Hell No's I will have the courage to take the action of disengaging from them, too!

No comments: