Saturday, August 2, 2008

What Do You Want in a Home?

I was thinking about this as I read the paper today. As I frequently do, I was enjoying reading about houses that are available in the area.

I realized that the houses that were attracting me lately were much different from the houses I sought out only a year or two ago. Then I was constantly wanting to tour the million+ dollar homes. "For inspiration."

Sure, they were inspiring and beautiful. Some of them were also way over the top, in my opinion. Filled with all sorts of things that I don't need, or more importantly even want.

Now I have really thought about what I want in a home. That clarity is so powerful and joyful. And I am drawing that house to me. Not the million dollar house of someone else's dreams, or that would "look good", but the house that actually fits my wants and desires. It is much easier to get excited about a house and the prospect of moving, when the house is one that really, really speaks to you.

This is a great analogy for life in general. More thoughts on that another time!

No comments: