Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Exercising My Demons

Demons. We all have them. My personal demons tend to be about self-worth and body image. You know what I mean. The little (sometimes BIG) voice that says "you are not talented, who do you think you are kidding?", or "your nose isn't too big, it goes perfectly with your fat body", those sorts of things. Now, your demons may differ from mine, but you know what I mean.

Today I was busy exercising my demons. Instead of stopping them, I let them continue. And boy, did they. And like muscles, with exercise, they get stronger and stronger. And louder.

The good news is that I was able to recognize that I was exercising them before I went into a total depression! As soon as I recognized them I was able to turn the tables and start exorcising!

Having literally and metaphysically cleansed myself, I am back to my healthy self! Far from perfect, but getting better every day. And who wants to be "perfect" anyway?

No comments: