Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Enjoying the Moment

I came home today from an appointment that temporarily affected my eyesight. I couldn't read. I couldn't work on the computer. I couldn't work in the studio. I got myself home, but I really knew I shouldn't drive around much either--I could see generalities, but my detail vision was not good.

Instead of feeling sadness or boredom, I knew exactly what I wanted to do. The weather was crisp and clear. I wanted a ride in the convertible!

I came home to a willing accomplice and we went for a mid-week, mid-day spin. How wonderful! We even stopped after a bit and took a gentle stroll at one of our favorite trails.

What a great day. I am so fortunate to be able to take advantage of the beautiful weather and environment we have here. I am grateful to have an "accomplice".

Fall is definitely in the air, and it is grand to just enjoy life, and perfect convertible weather!

Even if you don't have a convertible or you just can't get away during the week for a "Sunday drive", be sure to get out for even just a few minutes when the weather is this good. It really helps to remind us that there is something more out there. Life is not just about making a living--it is about making a Life--enjoy it!

No comments: