Sunday, October 5, 2008

Getting Clear on What I Want cont'd

Yesterday we talked about noticing what we don't want in order to get clear on what we do want

Another way to use this tool is to apply it to a specific area in our lives.

Michael Losier, another great teacher of the Law of Attraction calls it Clarity Through Contrast. It is pretty much the same idea, but with more direction.

Instead of looking at experiences in general that you don't want to have in your life, Michael directs you to think about a specific area in your life where you are not getting the results you want.

Whether you want to change your financial situation, your love life, your job, your house, your family life, etc, you can use this tool to open the way for the Law of Attraction to respond.

So, if I want to attract my dream house, but I'm not exactly sure what that would be, I would start by writing down what I do not want. This may be something that I have had in homes before, or things I see in homes of friends or family members, or things that I see when I've toured open houses. It might be about the yard or the kitchen. The size of the rooms. The number of stairs. Oh, no master on the main floor. So I quickly write down with as little emotion as possible the things that I do not want in my dream house. When I have finally exhausted my list, I then start to write the opposite. This is what I DO want. So if not having a master bedroom on the main floor was on my don't want list, obviously it will go on the side of what I do want.

I continue to write statements that describe what I do want, now that I'm clear on what I don't want.

Again, when I'm done with the list, the original list has served its purpose and I don't have to look at it again. I want to give my attention and energy to the things I DO want.

The mistake a lot of people make is they put the list away somewhere. Read the list of things you do want. Read it daily. Get excited about it. If you want to make changes to it, that's fine. Refine it. By giving it attention you are inviting Law of Attraction in and giving it clear direction and you are much more apt to get what you want--and get it more quickly.

No comments: