Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Testing 1--2--3

OK, so I'm being put to the test.

I said a few days ago that it is important to focus on the positive. It definitely is. And I am being challenged in that area, perhaps because I know how important it is.

Yesterday, a friend of mine died. Now, normally that would be hard enough. However, Frank's death is one in a string of loved ones. It all started with my father's death in April. Since then I have lost one person every month.

Frankly, no pun intended, I am ready for this to end!

I do feel so blessed that I have been able to talk to these lovely people shortly before their deaths. For half of them, it was actually the day before. Please note that only one of these people was "ill" and knew that death was coming. The others were "older" but still vibrant, wonderful, healthy human beings. I am grateful they did not suffer. I am very grateful that I knew them. Yes, I am sad that I will no longer hear their voices nor will I see their faces, except when I close my eyes. I am glad to have been a part of their lives, and they mine.

Life is such a wonderful gift. We do not know how long we will be here, nor do we know (at least consciously) with whom we will connect. So let's make the most of it, shall we? Smile often (it is free and gives a great return!) Love openly. Laugh out loud. Enjoy the birds, the trees, the mountains, the streams. Give of your own heart. Be true to YOU, not what others expect of you.

Enjoy life. Each of us brings something wonderful to the world. And if you get a sudden "feeling" that you should call or visit someone--please do. Listen to that inner voice. You will be glad you did.

And, thanks for sharing your life. I really appreciate it.

Today, the toast is for Frank!

No comments: