Friday, July 13, 2007

Friday the 13th, Oh Lucky Day!

In a real life example of everything is how you think about it, consider today. It is Friday, the 13th. Are you one of those who believes this is an unlucky day? Not I. I have always chosen to believe it to be one of the luckiest of days.

When my classmates cringed at taking tests on these days, for fear of bad results, I revelled in it, knowing my results would be better than ever. They were afraid and proved to themselves that they were right by actually getting poor grades on their tests. What they didn't realize was that it was their very fear of the day that brought them poor test results. The proof of this is that I always had terrific results on these days! If one person can have great results, then anyone can!

The lesson for me is to remember to look at the places where I hold on to fears. These may be big or small, rational or not. As I look at them, I take a deep breath and release the fear and am no longer victim of dire consequences, instead I am the creator and receiver of multitudinous blessings.

No comments: