Wednesday, July 11, 2007

How's that Workin' For You?

It is easy for us to see the negative in situations. That is what most of us do. As Dr. Phil would ask "how's that workin' for you?" For most of us, not so hot.

The Law of Attraction is very clear about this. If we notice the negatives and forget to see, appreciate and be grateful for the positives, we will continue to get the negatives.

Challenge yourself to find the good in every situation. Then feel the gratitude for the experience. This skill alone will turn your life around because you will now get more and more of the things you can be grateful for.

I'll be the first to admit, when I'm in the depths of the "challenge" (ha!) this is not always easy to do. I have found that with practice and effort it becomes easier. So, what have you got to lose by giving it a go?

I know that my divorce was extremely painful and I had a very hard time seeing "the good" in that. I felt like a failure, as do many others in that situation. Now, I know that it was the best possible outcome for me. Yes, it allowed me to be available when my perfect partner came along, but it also taught me things and allowed me to grow so that I would be attractive to that person! I am not the same person I was then (and isn't that a good thing!) I can honestly say that I am grateful for the marriage, and the end of it, and that I wish my ex well.

Take every experience and be grateful. It is what makes you who you are today. And what you are is a wonderful, deserving, growing human being.

No comments: