Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Attracting Beanie Babies

I was talking to my business partner today about "niche" marketing online. I mentioned that it was important to find topics that are current so to appeal to a broad audience, and that it would be a good idea to avoid trends that had already come and gone. I used Beanie Babies as the example. Now, I have never collected Beanie Babies, don't know much about Beanie Babies, and actually hadn't thought about Beanie Babies in a long, long, very long time. Why Beanie Babies came to mind is beyond me. But it did.

Less than 2 hours later, I was taking a break. I decided to turn on the television to see what I had on TIVO for my viewing pleasure. Before I clicked the Now Playing button the live show came on. It happened to be Jeopardy. I decided that would be as good a break as any, so I stayed tuned. Within minutes of the TV being turned on, wouldn't you know there was an answer on the board, the question to which was "What are Beanie Babies?"

Moral of the story? Listen to your words, they have power to attract!

No comments: