Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Is Your Staircase Going Down or Up?

I had an interesting ah ha! this morning while writing in my journal.

I was writing about talking the step on the staircase, referring to the quote from Martin Luther King, Jr. mentioned in the movie The Secret
Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.
I realized that I have been visualizing a staircase that is shrouded in darkness. And going down! To a scary basement perhaps? Or down even further?

No wonder it felt scary to take the first step.

I determined right then that I will turn my staircase around and have it be the Stairway to Heaven! The light is so bright that I am partially blinded and that is why I cannot see the entire path. The light is warm and inviting and reassuring, even though it is also a bit scary to not see the entire way.

No comments: